Occasionally a USB memory drive will not read or write to the Protocol 3 control.
Requirements for a memory drive to work with the Protocol3 control are:
* 4 Gb or less
* Formatted for FAT or FAT32
To check format type and reformat for the correct type, follow steps below.
- Insert USB stick into PC.
- Open Windows Explorer and right click on the USB stick drive letter.
- Select Properties and note file system type (e.g. FAT or FAT32 most likely.)
- Close the properties window, and right click on the drive letter again.
- Select Format…
- Change the File system type for format to FAT32.
- Un-select Quick Format to truly wipe everything.
- Press Start.