Prior to starting this process you should have contacted Technical Support to request the software license. Technical Support will require the following information: PO of the license, the Machine Serial Number and the Licenseinfo.txt file of the equipment. Once TS has generated your license, refer to the following steps to install:
- You will receive a file containing either a machine License code or machine option keys.
- This file could be in a compressed format. If this is the case, the date must be extracted using a program such as WinZip or WinRAR.
- You will also notice that the file extension ends with ".spd". We have renamed the file so that it can pass through firewalls.
- Please rename the file(s) extension to ".reg".
- Copy the file(s) to a thumb drive.
- Close the Benchmark program in the machine where the license is being installed.
- Stop the Benchmark server.
- Take the thumb drive to the machine and copy the file(s) into a temporary folder on the hard drive, such as the Windows desktop.
- Ensure that the Benchmark software & services are stopped before installing. Double click on the file to run the license file from this location. This will automatically locate the proper folder and file on the machine and will install the license or keys.
- Restart the Benchmark Server for printers.
The machine should now accept the new software or upgrade.
Click here to contact Technical Support for additional assistance.