To replace a Protocol controller with a Protocol 3 controller, follow the steps below or refer to the video link below.
Protocol to Protocol 3 Controller Change
- Before beginning, disconnect power from the oven and make sure lockout and tag out procedures are in place.
- Your replacement kit comes with a panel that matches the size of the old controller panel and has a knock out and power switch for the new controller.
- Remove the four screws from the old controller and pull it away from the oven
- Disconnect the ground wire, thermal couples and the pigtail wiring harness and then remove the old controller.
- Your new Protocol 3 controller will connect to the same pigtail wiring harness as the old unit.
- Connect the ground wire from the Protocol 3 to the oven ground.
- Connect the hi-limit and process thermal couples to the new controller
- Once connected, place the Protocol 3 panel on the oven and secure it with the four screws you removed earlier.
- Restore power to the oven and then insert the supplied USB flash drive to download the configuration file for your oven.
- You are now ready to test the oven.