As of May 22nd, 2019, ITW EAE is implementing a new Ticketing/Help Desk system and online service portal to manage the interactions between our customers and the Parts, Technical Support and Service/Scheduling Departments. Here is some information to help you better understand this change and how it will affect our customers.
How does the new system affect how I interact with Parts, Tech Support or Service?
It doesn’t have to. You can continue to email or call our Service and Support teams as you have in the past. The only changes you would see are:
- You will now get a confirmation email from us letting you know that we have received your request and providing you with a link if you want to see your request details on our Service & Support Portal.
- You will see that there is a Customer Satisfaction Survey (1 question) on the bottom of our responses back to you. We do not expect you to answer this survey each time, especially if you are contacting us on a regular basis. However, if your interaction with our group is sporadic and/or you have received especially great or disappointing service, we would like to know so we have information to help us understand what we are doing well and what we need to improve upon.
What other advantages does our new system offer?
As mentioned above, you will receive a link that will allow you to view your email/ticket information online. However, by creating an account on our Service & Support portal, you can review the details and status of ALL your emails/tickets in one place and submit updates/comments.
The first time we receive an email from you with our new system, or our staff sets up a profile for you, you will receive an email with a link to set up your account if you so choose. However, you can also set up an account by going here: http://support.itweae.com/support/signup (You will receive an activation link from firstname.lastname@example.org once you enter your name and email on the site).
Even if you set up your account (or don’t), you can still submit questions/issues to us via email, or you can submit them directly from our Service & Support portal as well.
Knowledgebase & Community Forum
Our new Service & Support Portal (http://support.itweae.com/support/home) includes a Solutions area where you will find helpful information such as troubleshooting tips, tutorials and FAQ’s. We will continuously add more information to the site and hope our customers will begin to reference the Solutions area as the first place for help.
The Portal also has an Announcement area for us to keep our customers up-to-date with important news and changes related to our Parts, Technical Support and Service departments.
We also have a Community Forum where we will ask our customer community to provide their input on a variety of topics.
With this system we will have more tools available to help us ensure we are responding to our customers in a timely fashion. This includes reporting capabilities that will allow us to measure key performance indicators (KPI’s) as well as gain a better understanding of the most common questions and issues customers have so that we can work on developing better training or resources on these issues.
We Need Your Help to Make this a Success
The goal of launching this new Help Desk and Service & Support Portal is to provide better service to you, our customer. But to help us better serve you, we would ask your support in following a few suggestions when communicating with our team.
- Please only send your request to one (1) of our support groups (do not send multiple emails or copy multiple groups). Our teams will get your request to the right group who can assist you.
- If you need technical support, parts or to schedule service, please contact the appropriate service group first. We ask that you start with this group rather than reaching out to sales or engineering. This ensures a quicker response and avoids confusion when multiple people are chasing the same issue.
- Be sure you send us all the information we need to assist you. When requesting technical support, we will need your equipment Serial # but thinking ahead and having pictures, snapshots, etc ready will help us assist you quicker.
- If your request involves an urgent, machine down situation, please indicate that in your request so we can initiate our Machine Down process.
Be sure to also check out our instructional document attached to this article that will walk you through the steps of creating your online account with our Support Center if you choose to do so (not required).
If you do have any questions regarding our new system or Service & Support portal, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Thank You for Your Support during this Implementation, and We Look Forward to Your Feedback.